I still meet with teenage girls once a week; I guess some would call it mentoring. We have been studying the book of Ruth in the Bible for some time now…basically what we wanted to do was study the life of Ruth in relation to attitudes. However, we are moving on to relationships now. When I announced the new topic, you could have felt the ripple of excitement – what is it with teenagers and relationships?? Until I began to read out the questions we are going to tackle, then they sobered up quick. Anyway, I want to list the questions here and ask you what you think.
<> What is a Relationship?
<> How is it formed?
<> What are the types?
- What does a Relationship with God look like?
- How do you form one with him?
- What do you do to nurture that relationship?
- What is the importance of a Relationship with God?
- How does this relationship affect other aspects of your life?
- What does it mean to have a relationship with one’s self?
- What are the benefits?
- How do you form and nurture a relationship with yourself?
- Who can you form a relationship with?
- What should you expect from different relationships?
- How and when should you terminate a relationship?
- Setting boundaries: How?
so that’s it. I told them to think about these questions and make an attempt to answer them so that when we met, each one would have an opinion. What is your own opinion