Wow! It’s been ages since I’ve posted the 10 Things Tuesday meme. This is a meme hosted by X-box wife; and the aim is to find 10 things every tuesday, to be grateful for that day. So here goes!
- Sleep: I lay awake on my bed last night and for a long time, I could not get to sleep. I tend to be slightly insomniac, that’s because I love to dream a lot. Anyway, I had a meeting for 9 am this morning and I really needed to sleep! Sleep finally came. And though it was short, it was worth it.
- Fresh Air: After living in Port Harcourt, the oil capital of Nigeria for the last one year, I am grateful to be home. Nigeria is one of the few countries that still practice gas flaring. It is horrible and despicable. The ozone layer is being gradually depleted, the air pollution is unmentionable. It was worse for me because I could see the flames from the gas being flared, right from my balcony! Of course, I got asthma from breathing in all that air. Right now, I’m back home, in the country. Plateau State (where I live) is on a plateau, so the air is clean, sharp and fresh.
- Good Health: I have been ill though out this year. But since I came home a week ago, I have been enjoying good health. As I woke up this morning and got through my morning rituals without a cough, I knew God had healed me.
- Coffee: Now that I know that drinking coffee is not going to give me Parkinson’s disease, I enjoyed my morning cup even more.
- Gloria: this is our family parrot. She’s a whistling parrot. Once, her chirps and whistles used to drive me crazy. But for some reason, I have felt really privileged to hear her and this morning was no exception. I wanted to upload a photo of her, but I can’t seem to. So I’ll do that later.
- The Internet: My home is waaay out of town. So sitting here right now, typing this, is definitely something to be thankful for.
- My Sweetheart: Even though we are several miles apart right now, he still finds little ways to take care of me.
- The Weather: After several months of a temperature of over 30 degrees C, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for one of about 10 degrees C.
- The Bible: I learned today, from the story of Jonah, that the Lord is very patient; he takes his time to come to the level of his children and explain things to them. It was a nice thing to discover.
Right! That’s it. if you would like to participate, just click on the photo at the top of this post. God bless!