But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative-that is, the Holy Spirit-he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.
Two nights ago, I laid down to sleep and couldn’t. I tossed and turned and still could not go to sleep. So I sat up. My brother heard my movement and came in to make sure I was OK. We talked a bit and he left. After he left, I was seized with this intensity I cannot even begin to describe. Suddenly, I began to cry… I wept like I haven’t wept in a while. And as I was crying, I began to pray. I can’t remember all of what I prayed but if ever I prayed from my heart…this was it. The passion that flowed through my being would have taken my breath away if I’d stopped to think about it. When I did think about it later, I knew I had not been praying alone. I felt the presence of God like I’ve not felt in ages! God’s Holy Spirit was in that room with me. Even now, thinking of it brings tears to my eyes; it was an emotional moment for me.
In the life of a Christian, the Holy Spirit makes all the difference. This week, I am thankful for His presence in my life.
The Holy Spirit –
- teaches me what to say. With the Holy Spirit, I don’t need to be afraid of what to say; if I let Him, He’ll put the words in my mouth. Mark 13:11; Luke 12:12
- gives me boldness to blog talk about Jesus. Acts 4:31
- encourages me. Acts 9:31
- gives me courage. Acts 13:9
- is evidence of God’s love for me. Romans 5:5
- Helps me in my weakness. Romans 8:26
- enables me to live a life of goodness, peace and joy. Romas 14:17
- makes me holy. Romans 15:16
- gives me love for my brothers and sisters in christ. Romans 15:30; Colosians 1:8
- marks me as identified of God. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13
- is a guarantee of God’s promises to me. 2 Corinthians 1:22; 5:5
- produces good fruit in my life. Galatians 5:22
- give me the power to pray. Jude 1:20