- Take time out to listen.
- Be available.
- Send a note (email or sms) telling that person you appreciate them.
- Look for something positive about the person and tell him or her.
- Tell the person one thing he/she does well (be specific).
- Aknowledge when that person does something good or well.
- Do not forget to say ‘thank you’.
- Ask for prayer requests and remember to pray.
- Get to know what interests that person and pass across uselful information.
- Be Kind.
Oftentimes, you;ll find your own encouragement in the encouraging words and actions shown to another person.